Wednesday, April 3, 2019

#4 TED Talk

 TED Talk http://www.ted.com/talks/joachim_de_posada_says_don_t_eat_the_marshmallow_yet
Topic : Don't eat the marshmallow
Speaker's name : Joachim de Posada
Duration : 6 minutes

● words/phrases I learn :
1. gratification (noun)
   - pleasure or satisfaction, or something which provides this
   ex. Our culture is geared towards short-term gratification.
2. self-discipline (noun)
   - the ability to make yourself do things you know you should do even when you don't want to
   ex. You need a lot of self-discipline when you're doing research work on your own.
3. principle (noun)
   - the basic idea that a plan or system is based on
   ex. The general principle is that education should be available to all children up to the age of  16.

● share my thoughts on the talk :
Actually I have heard this story before. That's why I choose this. The talk is mainly about the factors that lead to success. It's said that delay satisfaction and self-discipline are the most important. I agree. If you want to succeed, of course you can't just look at the immediate benefits and happiness. It's correct in the long run. Because we learn how to endure only for the future. I think this story brings me a lot of feelings. From then on, I will always remember in my heart that I am not in a hurry to enjoy, and choose to work slowly and learn to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment